Family and Community Engagement
Bronx Excellence is very proud of the fine tradition of distinction in its community engagement, which is one of the Key Design Elements of the Excellence Education Model. We encourage our scholars and their families to strive for success both in the classroom and at home.
Bronx Excellence have several school-culture cornerstones to guarantee our Design Elements of Active Parent Engagement and Open Collaboration with the Community. When a new scholar arrives, we greet them with Parent Chats with the Principal and/or Dean of Students so everyone’s on the same academic and behavioral page. 7th and 8th graders form a bond with our HS Placement and Alumni Services staff during difficult application processes accompanied by meetings and follow-up to ease the steps into high school and college life. The BCSE Parent Associations often team-up with Ms. Rivera, Director of Community & Family Engagement in the Bronx for cultural festivities or Charter Advocacy Days and political awareness events.
Recent Community Engagement Events Include:
- 46th Annual Bronx Parade & Festival presented by Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr., honoring 2017 Bronx Walk of Fame Inductees; Dr. Manny Villafana, Funkmaster Flex, Selenis Leyva, and Prince Royce
- Annual Winter and Spring Concerts
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Dr. Seuss Day Elementary Day Party
- Field Day
- Friendship Day
- K Family Potluck
- The SMARTS Spelling Bee, sponsored by Assemblyman Luis Sepulveda and Senator Rubin Diaz, Sr.