The Excellence Community Schools, Bronx Excellence 1 through 3 and Stamford Excellence, offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytical and critical thinking skills in all of our scholars.
Our schools are based on our flagship, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, which was awarded a National Blue Ribbon from the US Department of Education in the category of "Exemplary High-Performing School." We have been approved for 2 new Bronx elementary schools over the next 2 years. By 2023, our network will grow to 12 schools serving over 4000 scholars. These numbers also include Bronx Excellence 1 Elementary and Middle, Bronx 2 and Bronx 3 schools already in operation.
ECS differs from other charter management organizations because we have the Blue Ribbon award-winning Key Elements of the Excellence Education Model, which consist of:
- High Academic Standards Focused on Preparing Kids for College and Career
- Extended Schools Days to Incorporate Enriched Learning Activities
- A Commitment to Academic Performance Accountability
- A Broad Liberal Arts Education that Emphasizes Critical Thinking
- Clear Standards for Conduct and Mandatory Uniforms
- Active Parent Engagement and Open Collaboration with the Community
We have a highly-decorated, nationally-recognized, teaching structure implemented on clean, safe grounds where our principles for engaging the larger community and commitment to keeping faculty, scholar, and scholar-families within a conduct standard and performance accountability standard are executed through a focused, on a college-bound, liberal arts-based curriculum, supplemented by colorful afterschool and summer activities.