Our schools are based on our flagship school - Bronx Charter School for Excellence - which was awarded a National Blue Ribbon from the US Department of Education in the category of "Exemplary High-Performing School." As a network, we offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytical and critical thinking skills in all of our scholars.
ECS differs from other charter management organizations because we have the Blue Ribbon award-winning Key Elements of the Excellence Education Model, which consist of:
- High Academic Standards Focused on Preparing Kids for College and Career
- Extended Schools Days to Incorporate Enriched Learning Activities
- A Commitment to Academic Performance Accountability
- A Broad Liberal Arts Education that Emphasizes Critical Thinking
- Clear Standards for Conduct and Mandatory Uniforms
- Active Parent Engagement and Open Collaboration with the Community