The Excellence Community Schools, Bronx Excellence 1 through 3 and Stamford Excellence, offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytical and critical thinking skills in all of our scholars.
Our schools are based on our flagship, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, which was awarded a National Blue Ribbon from the US Department of Education in the category of "Exemplary High-Performing School." We have been approved for 2 new Bronx elementary schools over the next 2 years. By 2023, our network will grow to 12 schools serving over 4000 scholars. These numbers also include Bronx Excellence 1 Elementary and Middle, Bronx 2 and Bronx 3 schools already in operation.
All of our schools cultivate a close-knit professional learning community with a rich and rigorous curriculum, high expectations for all children, data-driven individualized instruction, and evidence-based best practices. The rigorous programming is complemented by parent-driven initiatives, school-wide events and co-curricular activities.
Key Design Elements of the Excellence Education Model:
- High academic standards focused on preparing kids for college and careers
- Extended school days to incorporate enriched learning activities
- A commitment to academic performance accountability
- A broad liberal arts education that stresses teaching critical thinking skills
- Clear standards for conduct and mandatory uniforms
- Active parent engagement and open collaboration with the community
In 2016-2017, over 30% of Bronx Middle Seniors were accepted into specialized and selective public high schools including Bronx Science, Brooklyn Tech, Brooklyn Latin and Stuyvesant!