Family and Community Engagement
ECS is very proud of the fine tradition of distinction in its community engagement efforts, which is one of our Key Design Elements of the Excellence Education Model. We encourage our scholars and their families to strive for success both in the classroom and at home.
Bronx Excellence and Stamford Excellence have several school-based cornerstones to guarantee our Design Elements of "Active Parent Engagement" and "Open Collaboration with the Community" are met. For example, when a new scholar arrives, we greet them with a Parent Chat with the Principal and Dean of Students so everyone understands the expectations of academics and behavior which have been designed to meet state mandates as well as differing cultural sensitives. Furthermore, on the middle school level, 7th and 8th graders form a bond with our High School Placement and Alumni Services staff during their various application processes. Accompanied by meetings and follow-up to ease the steps into high school and college life, our faculty work and meet with parents year-round in order to actively listen to the family and community.
Bronx Excellence and Stamford Excellence Parent Associations often team-up with Ms. Rivera, Director of Community & Family Engagement in the Bronx, or Mr. Phipps, Director of Advocacy & Policy in Stamford for cultural festivities or Charter Advocacy Days and political awareness events.
Uplift the Community Today!
High School Placement Provide guidance on completing applications and building portfolios, conduct mock interviews.
Host a Field Trip Invite our scholars to visit your company to learn more about workforce and professions.
Pro-bono Services: Provide pro-bono services to our scholars, our families, and our schools.
Recent Community Engagement Events Include:
- 46th Annual Bronx Parade & Festival presented by Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr., honoring 2017 Bronx Walk of Fame Inductees; Dr. Manny Villafana, Funkmaster Flex, Selenis Leyva, and Prince Royce
- Annual Winter and Spring Concerts (All Networks)
- California Pizza Kitchen Dough Raiser (Stamford)
- Chinese New Year Celebration (Bronx)
- Dr. Seuss Day Elementary Day Party (All Schools)
- Field Day (All Schools)
- Friendship Day (All Schools)
- Inaugural Multi-Cultural Day (Stamford)
- Inaugural Parent Day (Stamford)
- K Family Potluck (Bronx)
- SEPA Participated in the Annual Stamford Excellence St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- SEPA Quadrupled the Amount of Events Hosted
- Spirit Week (Including Pajama, Crazy Socks, Class Color, Bobcat Blue and Sports Days) (Stamford)
- Stamford Excellence Parent Association Raised over $2,000
- The SMARTS Spelling Bee, sponsored by Assemblyman Luis Sepulveda and Senator Rubin Diaz, Sr. (Bronx)